[DOCUWALLAHS2] Fwd: Aug 31: Screening of 'Ek Inquilab Aur Aaya': Lucknow 1920-1949 + Q&A with the Director [1 Attachment]
Chandni Parekh chandni_parekh@yahoo.com [docuwallahs2]
2018-08-20 12:56:33 UTC
From: ***@Prithvi <***@gmail.com>

*On August 31, ***@Prithvi will screen 'Ek Inquilab Aur Aaya': Lucknow
1920-1949 followed by a Q&A session with director Uma Chakravarti.*

Synopsis:

A documentary set in Firanghi Mahal, Lucknow, an institution for
rationalist Islamic scholarship founded in the late 17th century. Through
two women, Sughra Fatema and her niece Khadija Ansari, it tells the unknown
stories of women and their struggles to find their own ways of being in a
time of dramatic changes. One wrote poetry to express herself and the other
became a student activist who went to jail for being a revolutionary. The
film is an ode to humanism and the indomitable spirit of women who refuse
to give up the search for a meaningful life.

About the Director:

Uma Chakravarti is a feminist historian who taught history at Miranda
House, Delhi University, where she also curated film screenings of
documentary films from the late 70s onwards. She has recently made three
films: ‘A Quiet Little Entry’ on women’s history and the small archives of
unknown people; a second film on the 1960s and 70s in India, and the way
political and social events at that time shaped individual women’s lives
titled ‘Fragments of a Past’, and her third film ‘Ek Inquilab Aur Aaya’
which dwells on the multiple histories of Muslim women which we rarely see
in documentary cinema.

Screening Details:

On Friday, Aug 31 at 7 pm

At Prithvi House, Opposite Prithvi Theatre, Janki Kutir, Juhu Church Road,
Juhu, Bombay

Entry Free on a First-Come-First-Seated Basis

Please inform us if you are planning to come for the screening by email or
Facebook.

Our email ID: ***@gmail.com

Facebook event page link: bit.ly/augfilm

Our Facebook Page: bit.ly/vikalpscreenings

Our Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/Vikalp_Prithvi

To view a list of the 150+ films screened by ***@Prithvi since 2007,
visit bit.ly/pastscreenings

--
On Sep 28, we will screen 'We, The People' by Samarth Mahajan and 'Mumbai
Hustle' by Udayan Biswas followed by Q&A with the directors.