[DOCUWALLAHS2] Screening of my new work Pichla Varka on Sept 18 at Open Frame 2018
priyanka chhabra.p@gmail.com [docuwallahs2]
2018-09-11 18:12:41 UTC
Hi everyone,

I'd like to invite you to the screening of my new work Pichla Varka at the
Open Frame Film Festival 2018, New Delhi. The screening will be followed by
a Q&A moderated by Prof. Uma Chakravarti.

*Pichla Varka (The Previous Page) *

*Hindi, Punjabi | 60mins | 2018*

*Time:*
*3.30 pm *

*Date: 18th September 2018*

*Venue: C. D. Deshmukh Auditorium, India International Centre, New Delhi*

*Direction | Priyanka Chhabra*
*Editing | Anupama Chandra*

*Sound | Barren Sound (Aditya Virmani)*

*Synopsis*
Dadi and her friends share a common history; of being Partition refugees
who came to India after the state of Pakistan was created and eventually
settled in the capital of Delhi. They also remain the last generation of
people who can ever tell us again what the partition of Punjab was like, or
what even pre-partition India was like.

Pichla Varkha looks at the experiences of ordinary women who experienced
the violence and uncertainty of leaving their homeland (their mulk) to
enter a new country in 1947. How does history play out on ordinary lives
and where do households and properties merge.

Do come! and stay for the conversation

For more info click on the following links
facebook.com/PichlaVarka <https://www.facebook.com/PichlaVarka>
instagram.com/Pichla_Varka <https://www.instagram.com/pichla_varka/>
http://psbt.org/open-frame-2018/programme/
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fpsbt.org%2Fopen-frame-2018%2Fprogramme%2F&h=AT2LyFAr0Hne5FGIaG36MiejPg1zg4cUWWKtgUcI6arznxbJ4wiFT17kB1M_WC52hDgaJ9qfg5p_rRnNshD35f9zqc-E_GzBWombdyuFj4Z5M5-POizaczeyUzYYWJA5O4VyargYHQ>

Priyanka

facebook.com/PichlaVarka <https://www.facebook.com/PichlaVarka>
instagram.com/Pichla_Varka <https://www.instagram.com/pichla_varka/>
vimeo.com/priyankachhabra